My preferred choice of video chat application for sessions is Zoom. The reasons for this are due to the stability, data security and functionality offered by the product. As an alternative or backup option I also offer Skype. You can find me in Skype under the name WISH Mindscience.
To participate in video sessions, you will need the following:
- An Internet-capable end device, e.g. a laptop, a mobile phone, a tablet.
- The device must be equipped with a microphone, a camera and speakers or headphones.
- A stable Internet connection.
2. Invitation to the session
You will receive an invitation to your zoom session by email from me in advance. This invitation will look like the following example (it may be formatted differently depending on your email programme and calendar):
Monday 6. Apr. 2020 15:00 – 16:15 CET – Vienna
firstname.lastname@example.org – Organiser
Kevin J. Hall is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82263784371
Meeting ID: 822 6378 4371 One tap mobile +13462487799,,82263784371# US (Houston) +16465588656,,82263784371# US (New York)
Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) Meeting ID: 822 6378 4371
Click on the link included in the invitation. As a rule, the following steps will be initiated:
- After clicking on the link above, you may be asked to confirm the saving of a file and then to execute this file by clicking on an icon.
- You will then be asked whether you want to open the link with the “Zoom” application.
- If you are asked whether you want to join the audio via computer, please confirm this as well. The session can then begin.
Here is a quick YouTube video of how to open and join meetings: https://www.youtube.com/embed/vFhAEoCF7jg?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
Please ensure that you are not disturbed during our session.